It was a surprise to run across the late Steve Birnbaum's Walt Disney World Guide from 1983 during a recent thorough housecleaning. The book is truly a window on a lost Walt Disney World. It's also illuminating and thought-provoking when read a quarter of a century later, as you'll see!
Theme Park Prices
Magic Kingdom Club One-Day Ticket for EPCOT Center or the Magic Kingdom:
Adult -- $14.00
Junior (12-17) -- $13.00
Child (3-11) -- $11.00
Three-Day World Passport
Adult -- $32
Junior (12-17) -- $30.00
Child (3-11) -- $25.00
Four-Day World Passport
Adult -- $41.00
Junior (12-17) -- $38.00
Child (3-11) -- $32.00
Six-Day World Passport
Adult -- $54.00
Junior (12-17) -- $50.00
Child (3-11) -- $42.00
(Note: To put these prices in perspective, try visiting an inflation calcluator, like this one or this one.)
Vacation Package Prices
WORLD VACATIONS -- This is the ultimate vacation experience, with unlimited access to Magic Kingdom, Epcot Center, and dining and recreational facilities in the Walt Disney World Vacation Kingdom.
* Four-, five-, six- and seven-night plans
* Accommodations in the Contemporary Resort Hotel, Polynesian Village Resort Hotel, Golf Resort Hotel or a two-bedroom Vacation, Treehouse, or Fairway Villa
* Admission and unlimited use of all attractions and adventures in the Magic Kingdom and Epcot Center
* Unlimited use of all Walt Disney World recreational activities and facilities
* Breakfast, lunch, and dinner at a wide variety of Walt Disney World restaurants, including breakfast and dinner shows
* Unlimited use of the transportation system in the Walt Disney World Vacation Kingdom
Priced from $496 per adult, double occupancy
Introducing EPCOT Center
"Walt Disney's dream has become a reality. It's impossible to say whether Epcot (sic) Center is consistent in every detail with what Walt would have wrought, but there's no doubt that it embodies the spirit its originator intended. ...
"From opening day, Epcot Center will be the standard by which all other such understakings are measured, and the future phases that are planned will further expand even the current high level of attraction.
"There's never been anything quite like Epcot Center before; it's unlikely there ever will be again."